It took me long enough but I finally upload the new animatic, one thing we were aware of was that were over 30 seconds. So we knew we had to make changes to cut down the content:
- We realised the dialogue was too long, taking out the part about the IV which was initially there to show she was in a hospital. We realised with the set that is not needed.
- We took away the zoom in the intro and added in the title sequence. as this would establish the shot of the room better and frame it better composition.
- We added button lights and flashes of the face to make the scene more interesting.
- We changed the third scene. Having the camera zoom in behind the camera showing the new perspective of the light. We thought about having a button that she initially fell, which turns on the new light
- We made the drawings more uniformed and more as one piece not a piece with several creators.
So I think we are stepping in the right direction, we seem to have a story that makes more sense to the audience. As well as editing the animatic, I did the storyboards as well. I already had the frames and working on both at the same time made completing both much easier. Here’s the storyboards!
A Bright Idea [Final Draft]